Target audience, age: children aged 3 to 18 years old, who are in children’s boarding schools.
Our mission is to develop and promote the volunteer movement as one of the most effective forms of assistance to children in residential institutions.
Volunteering is not just a person’s need to engage in charitable work, but responsible, professional and effective work.
– conducting an introductory express training for volunteers-beginners;
– conducting trainings to deepen knowledge about effective interaction with children;
– introduction to pedagogical and psychological knowledge for effective communication with children;
– assistance in organizing of volunteer trips to children: festive events, charity, workshops, out-of-school education, program planning, counseling, and more;
-organization of the volunteer movement “Guest families”;
-organization of volunteer movement “Corporate mentoring”;
– attracting new volunteers, partners and friends;
– coverage of more children’s institutions.
Work carried out:
- Volunteers of ‘Dodomu’ helped The Center for Social & Pedagogical Rehabilitation of Children №1 in Kyiv to organise parties/celebrations, trainings, charity help etc.
- More than 70 children from boarding schools are involved in and participate in the project.